Denim Days 3 Column

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Thoughts from My Devotions

I just want to share a some thoughts from my devotions. I was reading I Corinthians chapters 3-6 for my devotions today. I was reminded that Jesus Christ is our foundation. Jesus Christ should be the foundation of my home. The only way to be close to Jesus Christ is through our Bible reading (letting Him speak to us), and prayer (us talking to Him). It just reminded me again how important Bible reading and prayer are.
In Chapter 5: 6 it says, "...Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? Our preacher just recently was preaching about how one person could hold our church back from recieving the blessing God wants us to have. It just made me think and determine in my heart that I don't want to be the person holding back God's blessing. I know I have areas I have to get victory over, but with the Lord's help I know I will get the victory, as long as I stay in His Word every day. Please pray for me that I will get the victory. It seems the harder I try sometimes, the harder Satan tries to get me down and discouraged. I know that is how the Devil works. I know if I hide God's Word in my heart, I will have Scripture to throw at the Devil like Jesus did when Satan was tempting Him.
In Chapter 6, I am reminded we are the temple of the Holy Spirit and that we are bought with a price. It is good to be reminded of this so that I remember I am His and to be His servant. He paid a price that I can never repay no matter how hard I try to be like Him. I ask myself the question sometimes, He has done so much for me, why is it so hard to do what He asks of me?
I hope this can be an encouragement to someone. It really does help to right down your thoughts. I think it helps me to remember it more throughout the day.

2 comments:

  1. I like your thoughts. I will pray for you as soon as I am done here. We all need to be praying for each other, if for nothing else, than to show the devil we have each others back. See you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DEAREST DAUGHTER,
    YOU ARE SUCH A BLESSING TO YOUR MOTHER.
    I HAVE ENJOYED READING YOUR DAILY DEVOTIONS. NO
    PARENTS COULD HAVE A BETTER DAUGHTER THAN WE
    HAVE! WITH ALL OF MY LOVE, YOUR MOTHER

    ReplyDelete